Today marks the first day of the Lunar New Year, which is celebrated by nearly a fifth of the world’s population. Family members gather, connect, exchange red envelopes, and play lottery games in Vietnam. In China, people customarily prepare by buying new clothes and cleaning their homes (to ward away bad spirits).Let’s not forget the lion dancing, firecrackers, yummy food, and quality time with family.
Happy New Years from everyone in the Stuff Asian People Like family! We look forward to continuing to provide information about Asian Culture for years to come. There are many changes coming to Asian Central in the upcoming year as well, so stay tuned!
What do you do during Lunar New Year in YOUR culture? Comment Below!
Last 5 posts by Peter
- #143 Managing Restaurants (ft. Professor Chen) - July 20th, 2015
- #142 "Lindorsements" (Being Linteresting) - October 2nd, 2014
- #141 - The Colbert Report / Conan O'Brien Show - January 23rd, 2014
- #140 Linsanity (The Movie) - January 2nd, 2014
- #139 - Thinking They Know Best - January 16th, 2013