Hi there SAPL Family, and Happy Mid-Autumn Festival (the Asian New Years).
We at Stuff Asian People Like just wanted to wish you a wonderful 中秋节 wherever you are! We all have traditions no matter what part of Asia we are from, so we’d like for you to share yours. In Vietnam, we would typically be celebrating Tết Trung Thu by lighting lanterns to lead Cuội, whose wife urinated on a sacred banyan tree (which sent him to the moon) back to earth (sounds crazy, but we know there are crazier things out there, just read any of our posts).
Top that with a couple of moon cakes, lion dances (too bad there are no lucky red envelopes); and you’ve got one heck of a Tết Trung Thu!
Happy Asian New Years! Where are you from? How do you celebrate your Mid-Autumn Festivals? Are there any special traditions you and your families share? Please comment!
Last 5 posts by Peter
- #144 Donnie Yen (Ip Man 3 DVD Release) - April 27th, 2016
- #143 Managing Restaurants (ft. Professor Chen) - July 20th, 2015
- #142 "Lindorsements" (Being Linteresting) - October 2nd, 2014
- #141 - The Colbert Report / Conan O'Brien Show - January 23rd, 2014
- #140 Linsanity (The Movie) - January 2nd, 2014