Here’s another Open Dialogue from Tiffany! We hope you enjoy it.
Every Asian has heard this lecture at least once in their lifetime. Oh yes, the dreadful Rice Field Lecture. Your parents usually tell it to you on your first day of school or your very first job interview, in any case it always starts and ends the same.
“When I was a child working in the rice fields …blah… which is why I want you to do better and make a better life for yourself.”
I heard in on my first day of kindergarten, when I got enrolled in ESL (English second language), heck they probably even recited it the day I was born!
Amen, Tiffany. Who here has also heard the dreadful Rice Paddy Lecture?
Last 5 posts by Peter
- #144 Donnie Yen (Ip Man 3 DVD Release) - April 27th, 2016
- #143 Managing Restaurants (ft. Professor Chen) - July 20th, 2015
- #142 "Lindorsements" (Being Linteresting) - October 2nd, 2014
- #141 - The Colbert Report / Conan O'Brien Show - January 23rd, 2014
- #140 Linsanity (The Movie) - January 2nd, 2014