Bonn C. asks: “Are Filipinos considered Asian? I’m Filipino myself and I consider myself Asian but I hear many people, Filipinos, Asians, and non-Asians alike, refer to us as Pacific Islanders. What’s up with that? I know we have Spanish last names and are mostly Christian but we also share a lot of the Oriental traits that East Asians have. Physiologically, we are related to Malaysians, Indonesians, and other Southeast Asians, groups that people have no problem referring to as Asians. Yes we do eat with Western cutlery, but so do Thais (who are Asian). The biggest difference is probably cultural, but that’s true when you compare other Asian groups with each other. We are just as frugal and traditional as you guys, we love race imports and luxury cars, and work just as hard in school to get As. I think we have earned the title to be called Asian.”
This is an open topic that will become a Featured Topic when there are enough topics. Please help by commenting below.
Last 5 posts by Peter
- #144 Donnie Yen (Ip Man 3 DVD Release) - April 27th, 2016
- #143 Managing Restaurants (ft. Professor Chen) - July 20th, 2015
- #142 "Lindorsements" (Being Linteresting) - October 2nd, 2014
- #141 - The Colbert Report / Conan O'Brien Show - January 23rd, 2014
- #140 Linsanity (The Movie) - January 2nd, 2014