Asian Parenting 101: Rape Prevention Tactics

Posted December 7th, 2008 by Peter · 8 Comments

From Jennifer:

Hey guys, I just stumbled upon some race based websites after SAPL got me so excited, and wanted to share what I got out of it. Here’s a collection of quotes I found that are pretty funny. I’ll be submitting one or two a week depending on how much time I have. Love you all, SAPL!

Here’s the first: A quote from “My Mom is a FOB.” Apparently, it’s the most popular thing Asian Parents say to you before going on a date.

Rape Prevention Tactics:
 ”Be sure to wear lots of underwear, so if you get rape it’ll take them longer and you can escape.”

Tags: Asian Parenting

• 1 LG // Dec 7, 2008 at 8:51 pm

LOL.

I can totally relate to this.

I went to college out of state/an hour away from home. Whenever I would go back on campus or my family would drop me off, my dad would say these three things to me, “Call home more often, take care, and don’t get raped.” Yes…he made sure I remembered not to get raped. My friends found it hilarious he would keep telling me this.

This would occur more often during the year I turned 21. He now would call more often and it often would be when I was planning on going out. When he’d ask what I was doing, I’d say something like, “Just going out with friends” or “Dinner with so and so”.

His response? “Are you drinking? You BETTER be CAREFUL. You might get RAPED”.

The best was when he called the morning of my 21st birthday, when I was clearly still drunk and woke up with the worst hangover of my life then, to wish me a Happy Birthday. Him knowing I went out, asked me “So, how did you get home?”
    “Uhhh…I don’t remember. Pretty sure my friends took me home”.

“Ah? See! You don’t remember! You might’ve been raped!”.

Now, he dispenses that warning to my two younger sisters, aha.

• 2 L // Jan 27, 2009 at 12:29 am

lol, your dad is a crackup. my parents never say it outright, but the undertone is there: don’t drink or else…

• 3 J // Mar 24, 2009 at 6:56 am

My parents never said “don’t get raped”, but they pretty much didn’t want me to have sex, consensual or not….

• 4 lol // Sep 3, 2009 at 7:47 pm

lol….my mom is always like “you’re so clueless! if you dont be more careful, someone’s going to corner you in a dark alley someday and rape you! and dont come crying to me when that happens!”

me: O______O and the only thing i’m thinking is “wth am i doing in a dark alley?” haha

• 5 sandy // Sep 26, 2009 at 11:56 pm

ROFL@lol

my mom’s usually like, “never go anywhere via dark alleys/streets”, which answers your question for me

• 6 Marnee // Feb 23, 2010 at 10:19 pm

HAHHAHAHA! I totally relate!

• 7 Simon // Jul 21, 2010 at 12:20 pm

so that’s what my mom did to my sister..
    Once I had my buddy stay the night to chill and play some video games… My sister’s room is down the hall from mine and my parents are downstairs.. After my sister when to bed, my mom cam upstairs and locked my sister’s room from the outside.. I saw her do it and I asked her what she was doing.. she replied, “I’m locking ur sister’s door, what if your friend rapes her in the middle of the night?”
    I’m like, “WTF are you talking about? He’s my FRIEND, he’s not gonna rape my sister!”
    and she’s all like, “well you never know..”
    and i’m like, “yea, i kinda do..”

• 8 ilovehorseyrides // Jun 10, 2015 at 10:33 pm

My parents say never open the door to relatives when home alone, get out of the house before your parents, etc…because if you do any of those, you will get kidnapped, raped, and/or murdered, or in the worst case, all 3.