Asian Hotspot #3 – The GAP

Posted December 7th, 2008 by Peter · 16 Comments

Alright, we all know that there’s been a lot of talk about interracial marriage on SAPL, and this is partially to blame.

img00043.jpg

Take a closer look. (And yes, that’s a GAP store at The Great Mall in Milpitas)

img00045.jpg

At first I thought it was just sheer coincidence, but I found this on the right side of the window.

img00044.jpg

There’s nothing more to say (except for your comments).

Tags: Asian Hotspot · Clothing · Comedy · Environment · Hotspot · Humor · People

• 1 Angry Asian Man // Dec 7, 2008 at 6:18 pm

How come Asian women always go after the scummy creepy 45 year old white guys? $? At least they paired the Asian guy with the super model blonde woman :D

• 2 Vladimir // Dec 7, 2008 at 7:56 pm

This is what comes with Western multiculturalist values, globalization and new world order.

• 3 Peter // Dec 7, 2008 at 9:51 pm

I wish I knew, AAM.

• 4 Me // Dec 8, 2008 at 3:57 pm

I wonder why Gap made this decision. The Asian/White couple demographic can’t be that profitable.

• 5 hadashi // Dec 8, 2008 at 4:10 pm

i’m agreeing with AAM.
    at least the blonde chick obviously LIKES Asian hottie guy. the Asian girl’s expression, however, seems to be saying, “ha ha! if you don’t let go of my scarf in the next 2 seconds, freakish white man, i will leg drop you so fast that creepy grin of yours will be permanently gone!”

• 6 Gaurav Ahuja // Dec 9, 2008 at 1:51 am

Vladmir is partially right. Economic globalization is something to like. If you want to be socially conscious just don’t shop at GAP and/or complain to GAP. I don’t think enough of a movement could be gathered to change anything. However, vote where it counts. Vote with your wallet and make sure GAP receives the message even if it indirectly by only one person!

• 7 Mohawk // Dec 9, 2008 at 3:12 am

“…make sure GAP receives the message…”

I’m not sure I understand Guarav Ahuja. Is the message that Asians and Westerners shouldn’t be romantically involved with each other?

• 8 VA Loans // Dec 9, 2008 at 1:53 pm

That is too funny. Poor gap must be strugging to find a niche these days. Who is va going to want to purchase anything from there store now. Loan.

• 9 Katya // Dec 10, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Ha ha I’m sorry but this is kind of strange 0_0
    The blonde girl might be kind of cute (you can’t even see her face that good) but the asian guy isn’t very cute, no offense.

• 10 Anonymous Asian Guy // Dec 11, 2008 at 7:19 am

The couples are not Asian/White, it’s Asian/Jewish. Didn’t you notice the signs reading 40%, 50%, and 60% off?

• 11 jackson li // Dec 21, 2008 at 2:45 am

well don’t you guys think those photos might be photosoped?

• 12 Peter // Dec 21, 2008 at 10:48 am

They’re not photoshopped. i’ll post a few more from my friends cellphone camera.

• 13 Richard Lim // Feb 6, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I LOVE the GAP!!!
    It has happened 2 Me before when a white girl wants to take a picture with me in her new GAP jeans!!!

• 14 GoldenPalaceOnlineCasino // Apr 23, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Teh GAP is teh win!

• 15 Yu // Jan 22, 2010 at 11:33 am

This isn’t rare. Want me to send in a picture every time I see a picture with a white/asian couple?

However, seeing anything with a white or asian guy and a black woman (especially one who isn’t light skinned) is super rare. Black girls really get the short end of the stick when it comes to the media. They only get any air time if they’re loud and sassy. I think they might have it even worse than asian guys.

Oh and don’t forget South Asians and Middle Easterners. I don’t think they’re even allowed in ads…

• 16 huu // Jul 13, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Supra Footwear which started with the production of functional skateboard shoes at first, in recent years emerged as a new force with luxury materials and exaggerated form, led to many stars unconditionally in their behalf. For Mens Supra Shoes, welcome to our online store.